Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Strangest Thing


I get a lot of different reactions when people hear that I’m a wedding planner.  They vary from “Oh… really?” (Insert uplifted eyebrow and condescending look) to “Wow!  I would LOVE to do that for a living”… and everything in between.  However, no matter what a person may think of my chosen profession, I always seem to get the same follow-up question…

What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen at a wedding?

Well… there’s been a few.  How about the ever-present fall-down-drunk groomsman?  Nope…everyone’s seen that.  How about the overly emotional father of the bride that literally weeps his way down the aisle?  Nope… that’s also kind of common.

So how about this one?  A DJ that plays “Last Dance with Mary Jane”, complete with music video (you remember the one… where Tom Petty dresses up and dances with Kim Bassinger’s corpse?)…during dinner.  Yep, great dinner music and all-around fantastic choice for a wedding reception, Mr. DJ.  Let’s just hope your Bride and Groom didn’t notice… but I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment