Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Springtime Affair


As Becca & Chris come up to their five-month wedding anniversary, I am finally getting around to writing up the post for their truly amazing and jaw-dropping event!  (Forgive the delay but I’ve been slightly busy with an adorable newborn that requires a good deal of my time!)



When I was called in January to help plan the April 14th wedding, I knew we would have our work cut out for us.  Afterall, it isn’t easy planning a wedding for 200-300 people with just three month’s notice.  However, I was THRILLED to take on the challenge and to be able to work with these repeat clients for the third time!

We got right to work and started detailing their event.  After choosing bridesmaid’s dresses, the bride was inspired by a beautiful icon….the peacock feather.  Our theme was born out of the simple object and what an amazing theme it turned out to be!  You couldn’t ask for more vibrant, lively and complimentary colors for a Spring wedding!

Soon the venue was chosen – The historic and stunning Masonic Temple Detroit.  After that, we chose the vendors.  We worked with some amazing vendors throughout this wedding process but one stood out among the others…my favorite florist – Kevin Miller with Twigs & Branches Floral.


 Anyone that has ever met with me knows that Kevin is a staple to my business.  He is the most creative florist I’ve ever worked with and can truly create amazing things out of nothing (or out of weeds, right Kevin?!).  Because of this, I was thrilled when Becca & Chris chose to use him for their big day…and I don’t think they were at all disappointed with what he delivered!



The ceremony was held in the Blue Room at the Masonic and featured an all-ivory floral motif that included a custom monogram made of petals and lots and lots of candles.  Live music played by the Bride’s brother and his band-mate gave the ceremony a personal and romantic touch.



Following the ceremony, the party moved to the main lobby for cocktails.  There they were greeted by appetizers and a custom champagne punch.  The florals were again ivory but dark navy linens were introduced to start bringing in our peacock theme.     
















The peacock theme was brought to full attention once the guests walked into the Crystal Ballroom for the reception.  Silver Chiavari chairs surrounded round and rectangular tables covered in peacock purple  linens.  At each place setting was a beautiful charger with a navy blue napkin complete with a single peacock feather.






The most beautiful part of the reception were the absolutely stunning floral arrangements created by Kevin.    His vision for the head table was amazing – a long family style table complete with floral hedge to divide the table in half.  The rest of the tables were stunning with high silver candelabras that Kevin surrounded with floral arrangements, giving them a very romantic feel.


Guests had a great time and partied the night away with awesome music from Elite Entertainment, as well as their Photo-booth!  There was also a signature cocktail (a Cherry Coke) and an Espresso Cart from Java Java. 

I was so thrilled to be asked to help with Becca’s big day.  The Kuchenmeister's are some of my favorite clients and I love every chance I get to work with them!  And they were great with me – and helped me with my own countdown to the wedding day… “make it through April 14th without going into labor”!  And I did…. Barely.   The contractions started 10 minutes after I left the wedding… but stopped after about four hours.  My daughter ended up being polite and waited 5 more days to make her appearance.

Vendors 
The Masonic Temple, Detroit
Twigs & Branches Floral
JS Photography
Elite Entertainment, DJ & Photo booth
Java Java Espresso Cart
South Lyon Village Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment